Crown Copyright © Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage, PO Box 5364, Wellington, New Zealand
Access to and use of this site (‘vietnamwar.govt.nz') is provided by Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage (MCH) subject to the following terms:
- By using vietnamwar.govt.nz you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of vietnamwar.govt.nz. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use vietnamwar.govt.nz.
- The Ministry for Culture and Heritage may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by MCH. Your continued use of vietnamwar.govt.nz after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
By submitting your contribution on this site, you also warrant that:
- Your contribution is your own original work and you have the right to give MCH permission to use it for use on vietnamwar.govt.nz and all other necessary rights in and to such contributions;
- Such contributions will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties;
- Nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- Such contributions do not infringe any New Zealand laws; and
- You have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
You agree to indemnify MCH against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Ministry for Culture and Heritage as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights. Where appropriate, we recommend that you seek permission to share the stories of the people your contributions are based on.
You agree to use vietnamwar.govt.nz in accordance with the Vietnam War Oral History Project House Rules.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions
If you fail to abide by these Terms and Conditions (and/or any variations) when taking part in vietnamwar.govt.nz, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of vietnamwar.govt.nz. If you are also in breach of the House Rules, you may also be subject to the disciplinary procedure set out in the House Rules.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to vietnamwar.govt.nz or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on vietnamwar.govt.nz, and MCH considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, MCH may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
MCH reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this website other than material contributed by users is subject to Crown copyright protection administered through MCH. New Zealand and international copyright laws protect third party material on this site. Authorisation to reproduce such material should be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
The text and images on this site are intended for the personal use of students, scholars and the public and may be downloaded solely for this purpose. Schools and students may reproduce materials on this website, either in part or in full, for bona fide study purposes, with suitable acknowledgement. Any other use or publication of them, without prior permission of the copyright holder, is strictly prohibited. Unauthorised reproduction, duplication, transmission or commercial use of such copyright materials may result in prosecution.
For written permission to reproduce information, images or other resources on this website, please contact the copyright holder or holding institution (where named) in the first instance or:
Manatu Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage
PO Box 5364
Wellington, New Zealand
Telephone: +64 4 462 8857
Copyright in your contribution (including images, audio and video) submitted to the site by you or a third party on your behalf will remain with you. This permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
MCH owns the copyright to the oral histories and associated material completed as part of the Vietnam War Oral History Project. Extracts from interviews, transcripts and associated material are used with permission of the interviewees. MCH holds signed agreement forms from all of the interviewees giving the Ministry the right to publish them. They may not be reused without the permission of the copyright holder. The full recordings and accompanying paperwork are deposited at the Oral History Centre, Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand, and may, subject to any conditions placed on their use, be consulted there.
While MCH is committed to accuracy it can accept no liability for any loss or damage incurred through or subsequent to the use of this website or its contents. If you find any information on this website that you believe may be inaccurate, please let us know.
- May change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice; and
- Is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. MCH neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy of such other websites, nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding these other websites.
The views expressed in vietnamwar.govt.nz are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of MCH.
MCH reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by the users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, MCH expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this website.
Hypertext links to other web locations are for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement or authorisation by MCH. MCH is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.
You may browse and access information on this website without providing any personal information.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (such as through email feedback or online forms), unless otherwise stated we will only use that information to improve our services and to communicate with you. We will keep any such information secure, and will only disclose personal information with your consent, or if we are legally required to do so.
Disclosure of information
This information is held by MCH. You have the right to see any information we hold about you, and to ask us to correct any of your information that we hold. Please email: email@example.com if you have any concerns.
Data Tracking used by this website
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyse details about the use of our website. We do this to help us improve this site and our services. The data is collected and stored on the Google server and is viewable by authorised staff. We do not share this information with any other agency.
This information is aggregated and non-personally identifying. It includes:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system (such as Windows 10, Mac OS)
- the type of web browser you use (such as Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, or Edge); and
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser.
Browser cookies are used by this website to improve the user experience. Cookies are small files that are sent by a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies from this site are not used to gather or allow the gathering of any personally identifiable information.
You may manually disable cookies at any time — check your browser's Help section. This will not affect your ability to view the site. However, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Data tracking used by our email client for e-newsletters
MCH monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – The number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email
- Email client usage – which email account (Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email
- Regions – Where this email has been opened
- Bounced – The number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full
- Not opened – The number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email
- Shares – The number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber
- Most popular links – The most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected. When you unsubscribe to our alerts or newsletters, your details will be deleted from the database.
If you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
The Privacy Officer
Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage
PO Box 5364
Links to this site are welcomed. We would appreciate it if you would notify us of such links, so that we can inform you if locations change or if references are incorrect. Permission for republication of material or exhibitions from this website elsewhere on the web will not generally be granted. We prefer that you provide hyperlinks to the material on our site. Please contact our team for further information regarding any other uses of this material.